Monday, June 22, 2009

Medically Cleared!!!

I have just been informed by the Office of Medical Services that I have been medically and dentally cleared for the Peace Corps! After months of dealing with all of this, I am so glad it is over.

Because of the issues with my mouth, I do have restrictions on which countries I can go to. Because I need to have Dental X-Rays every 6 months, the list of accommodating countries is just a little shorter then the full list. I am okay with this (at least that means the country will have a little better health care).

So, now I have been contacted by a Placement Officer for Africa and need to send in some paperwork and forms to her. The placement office will determine where I am going to be invited to. Passing the medical screening is bringing me to the final steps and soon I should be on my way!

1 comment: