Monday, October 15, 2012

Training Week 5 and 6!

I skipped a week of posting so I have combined two in one.

10/06:

It was finally a back down week and we only ran 4 miles for our long run. We met at San Dieguito Park and actually ran a trail run. It was my first time completely running on trail and it is very different - I have new muscles hurting. It was a beautiful day with beautiful scenery.

After the run we has a great pancake breakfast with a lot of great toppings. They were so yummy and the perfect after run treat.

We also had our clinic on Nutrition where an elite athlete/nuritionist talked to us about the proper ways to fuel before, during and after our runs. It was very informative. Our coach then gave a foam roller demonstration (the roam roller has become a very good friend of mine).

10/13:

I ran 7 miles and it was my longest run to date! Hurts. So. Good. We met in the UTC area and it was the perfect weather to run. I cannot believe how warm it is in October. I finally got to wear my fuel belt on a run and love it. 


After running we all hung around and looked at fundraising items and chatted. I put in a order for a neat pair of sweatpants - I just hope it cools off enough so I can wear them. I did not bring any cash with me and will have to make some purchases next week.

Oh and if you have not yet contributed please donate! Just $5 - yes only FIVE BUCKS - can help save lives.

Thank you!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment