Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Training Week 2!

Hello!

Thank you everyone for bringing me to 47% of my fundraising goal!

Saturday kicked off Week 2 of our training where we ran over 4 miles. I cannot wait for this heat to go away - It was in the 80s by 7:00am and then got to be over 100 degrees, yowza!

It was also the week where we got fitted for new shoes. At Road Runner Sports, they have this "Shoe Dog" program where they look at your foot type and analzye how you run. I learned that I have fairly flat feet and need a stability shoe. After trying on almost a dozen pair of shoes I selected the Mizuno Wave Inspire 8.

I also joined Chuze Fitness, a San Diego based gym, to do my cross training. I go there on Tuesdays and Sundays to do 40-45 minutes on the bike or elliptical. Last week I woke up everyday around 4:30/4:45am to run before my day began. This week, I am working out after work. I actually think I prefer getting up early because then I do not have to worry about it for the rest of the day. Mondays and Wednesdays are the hardest days to fit in running because I tutor for an Adult Literacy Program after work. At least I am keeping busy!

Thank you,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment