Sunday, September 23, 2012

Training Week 3!

Yesterday marked the start of the 3rd week of training. We returned to Crown Point and I ran 5 miles. I have decided to train using intervals of running 10 minutes and then walking 2 minutes. By then end of the run I was actually passing some of the people who ran the whole 5 miles - and I felt great while they were slowing down and fatigued. The run took just over an hour and my average pace was 12'17"/mi.  Here is a picture after the run.
I also picked up some pretty cool swag. For raising at least 25% of my goal I got some socks (they say "saving lives one mile at a time" around the ankle) and a license plate frame.


I really want to reach 50% of my goal because I will get a Team In Training hat and if I reach the goal by October 20th, I will get a sweatshirt.

Thank you once again for supporting LLS and my efforts - it is greatly appreciated.

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment